surfing + skeletons

I am obsessed with the idea of learning how to surf. Last summer, a dear friend and I went paddle boarding on Lake Michigan's North Ave Beach, where he taught me how to do pop ups on a long board.

Thats about as close as I'll get for now.

Panda Bear ― Surfer's Hymn. Via Street Anatomy.
One of the most awesome finds lately!



This music video by m ss ng p eces for the band Panda Bear is amazing. I LOVE the old black and white film feel, nice and grainy. The hand painted skeleton costumes have great texture and whatever they did, black light or just extreme color correction, to get the bones to glow looks awesome. As stated on the Vimeo page, this video is a tribute to surfers who have been taken by the sea, which only makes the video that much more nostalgic feeling and beautiful. Major props! Be sure to watch it all the way through, I assure you it’s worth it. Via The Fox Is Black ― Heather Tompkins from Street Anatomy.  

Happy 4th of July!

✩ The post regarding my paddle boarding venture.

Comments

  1. This is just downright cool! They had to have done this with blacklight - I dont know how else one would get those effects. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts