leah tran { medical + scientific design }

... is up! For all those interested, there is no special fondness for birds; I just love what they stand for: freedom, independence, no restraints. 
  
images from the Free People blog

I tend to do an extensive amount of type exploration as I start any design project... I think it may be my favorite part just because it sets the mood of what you're trying to represent. So as I was lining up parentheses from different fonts, I realized when grouped together, they looked like birds in flight. From there, designing the rest of the page just kind of fell into place. I knew I wanted to keep my site light and airy, but graphic with illustrative/organic elements (where my logo fits in) at the same time...

I have so many more groups of these in my concepts document. Fill, no fill, stroke, no stroke, bold, italic, regular... Ok, wow.


Each page has "birds" in different placements because I wanted them to appear as if they were moving in flight. 


I feel this new design truly represents me as an artist and my personality overall. Thank you Donna Hughes and Lisa Tran for helping me with conceptualization and design layout! 

Click here to see my new portfolio site.

Comments

Popular Posts